Our Vision at 11 Plus College
About 11 Plus College
Our vision is to educate parents with all the information they need to play an active role for their child to pass the 11 Plus and private school school selection tests with a view to gaining admissions.In order to achieve this vision, we provide high quality, effective and affordable modes of tutoring to pupils in primary schools who have opted to take the 11 Plus Selection Test for successful admission into one of UK’s top grammar schools.
Our Curriculum Provision
We offer tutoring services for those children wishing to gain admission into grammar schools. We welcome students from all over the United Kingdom. We consist of a team of tutors who are dedicated and passionate in helping your child to successfully pass their 11 Plus Selection tests and gain admission into grammar schools in the UK.
Our tutors are qualified and registered teachers, who have a wealth of experience in teaching 11 Plus contents and other school entrance exams, to children of all ages. We teach the following subjects:
- verbal reasoning,
- non-verbal reasoning
- numerical reasoning
- spatial reasoning
- English comprehension
- vocabulary and grammar
- spellings and punctuations
- cloze and shuffled sentences.
When your child starts primary school, they may have to deal with learning new concepts and new vocabulary, which can be quite overwhelming. To ensure your child has the necessary foundation to attain a good education and get into a good grammar school, you can register them into one of our programmes:
- online self-taught
- online teacher-taught
- physically at our Woolwich Centre
We offer private tuition for children in primary schools, starting at Year 4 and up. We tailor our lessons to suit your child’s needs and help them gain the confidence they need to succeed in the classroom.
Our tutors are experienced and trained and can help your child reach their full potential and successfully gain a place at a grammar school. They can identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses and tailor their teachings accordingly. They will help your child master the core 11Plus subjects, such as VR, NVR, and Maths, as well as help them improve on their speed and precision. They will develop your child’s confidence, self-esteem, and social skills, prepping them for school and life.
What is 11 Plus Selection Test?
This is a standardized test used to measure an individual’s ability to learn new skills or perform certain tasks. 11 Plus Selection tests are often used by schools to assess children and determine which children are best suited for grammar schools. There are a variety of question types, each designed to measure different skills and abilities. While some tests are general in nature, others are specific to a particular borough or school.
The 11 Plus Selection tests can be difficult to study for, as the topics covered can be vast and varied. However, there are a few key things one can do to help improve the chances of passing.
- First, we ensure that your child understands the format of the test and what type of questions will be asked.
- Second, we brush up on your child’s basic maths, literacy, and reading comprehension skills as prerequisites to the main contents.
- Finally, we ensure that your child takes similar mock tests under timed conditions to get a feel for the pacing and pressure of the real test. By following these steps, you can rest assured that your child is fully prepared to take the tests.
How We Improve Your Child's Chances
Taking the 11 Plus Selection test can be a daunting task, but with the right resources for preparation, your child can pass with flying colours! Here are a few tips on how we help your child ace the next 11 Plus Selection test:
- We start by familiarizing your child with the types of questions that will be on the test. This will help your child better understand the concepts they will be asked to solve. The two most common assessment companies being used by educational authorities are the CEM and the GL Assessment. Our curriculum covers all the types of questions administered by them.
- Practice, practice, practice! Assessment tests are all about problem-solving, so the more you practice, the better you’ll become at solving the types of questions you’ll see on the test. We have simplified the study of the 11 Plus curriculum by breaking it down into twenty-four (24) levels. Each level builds upon the previous one thereby, making it extremely easier for every child to comprehend the contents.
- Timing and Accuracy are the most significant factors to be considered when preparing your child for an assessment test. Our online learning platform is designed in such a way that every assessment test is timed according to the time allocated in the real test.